Friday, September 12, 2008

A fitting way to begin this blog



For the last four weeks, on my daily walk to the promenade, I've passed a neighbor's gate with the following sign: Attention a vos doigts "Lili" mord. I felt so sad, thinking, oh dear, their big white goose is dead! And how strange that they would leave that sign up for so long. It's just a goose. It's not like they are cuddly, hugable pets.


Hmmm...


Well, today, as I inaugurate this new blog, I decided to use Bablefish to get a translation for that sign. Guess what? The sign means: Attention to your fingers, "Lili" BITES!! Ha!!!


Gotta love it!!! Yes, "Me Want Food - Tarzan French" is painfully true!!


By the way, to give credit where credit is due, this blog title isn't original with me. Thanks to Rick and Lisa! It was from them that I first heard this phrase, and it stuck with me! It's so apropos to my life these days, I just had to use it! The other title would have been: Our Goose is Dead!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Cy - I SO thought it meant that goose was dead, too! What a fun blog. You continue to amaze and inspire me as you master the ever-changing new communication technologies. Love ya, Babs

Cy said...

Ooo-la-la, Babs, you are my first "Comment"!!! Thanks!! :)

Kristin Braun said...

Haha! I would have thought the goose was dead too...LOL! Glad to see you have a blog...and I look forward to keeping up with you this way too!

Debra said...

I enjoyed both your entries and think it is a great idea to share with us your language adventures. I loved the photo of the field of lavender. What a sight to behold. Welcome to the blog world!